Examlover website provides Today in History & Historical events about what happened on this day with daily updates for better preparation of all India government exams, Like SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC Clerk, SSC MTS exam, UPSC exams, CDS exams, all online and offline exams, Banking exams, PO exams, Clerk exams, Railway exams. You can broad up your knowledge through this website which is full of study materials. Today in History or On This Day in history updating day to day date wise. Here we provide today in history information about national and international important days.
Today in History preparation for govt. exams, so you can visit here for Today in History GK, Today History GK, On this day gk, Daily history Quiz, Daily history GK and Today in History Quiz etc. You can also find here all the study material and learning data for One Day Exams, Online Exams and also Offline Exams preparation. All types Today in History category here and uncategorized Today in History updates by us day to day related Birthday, Death Anniversary, Important Days, Movements, Wars, Researches and Discoveries etc.
Stanley begins search for Livingston
- On March 21 in 1871, journalist Henry Morton Stanley begins his famous search through Africa for the missing British explorer Dr. David Livingstone.
- In 19th the century, European, and Americans were deeply fascinated by the “Dark Continent” of Africa and its many mysteries.
- There was a few did more to increase Africa’s fame than Livingstone, one of England’s most intrepid explorers.
- He set out on a planned two-year expedition to find the source of the Nile River, in August 1865.
- Dr.Livingstone also wanted to help bring about the abolition of the slave trade, which was devastating Africa’s population.