Examlover website provide all Latest Current Affairs & Today Current Affairs 2018 for better preparation of UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Defence and all government exams. Daily Current Affairs 2018 news summary on current events of national and international importance for all government competitive examinations. Current affairs preparation for govt. exams, so you can visit here for Current Affairs GK, Today GK, Daily Quiz, Daily GK and Current Affairs Quiz etc. You can also find here all the study material and learning data for One Day Exams, Online Exams and Offline Exams preparation. All types current affairs category here and uncategorized current affairs updates by us day to day related government schemes, publics deals, politics, Sports Science & Technology and miscellaneous news which is very important and useful in all government exams like UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Medical etc.
US Government Approves Six Fighter Apache Helicopter
The US Parliament approved the process of buying six fighter Apache helicopters by India on June 12, 2018. The Government of India has already got approval for this purchase.
This helicopter is capable of targeting 128 targets in a minute. This approval was given in the Defense Purchase Council (DAC) meeting chaired by former Defense Minister Arun Jaitley. For the first time, the army will get these combat helicopters.
Features of Apache Helicopter:-
- Apache was known as AH-64 by the year 1981. It was named Apache at the end of 1981.
- By that time, the US Army had named its helicopter names on American Indian tribal names. In April 1986, Apache was inducted into the U.S. Army.
- With the help of a sensor engaged in Apache, it can find and eliminate their enemies.
- The Night Vision system, which is operated in Apache, does not have any problem in working at night.
- An M 230 chain gun, installed in it, has been installed between the main landing gear, which doubles the firepower of the helicopter.
- The Apache helicopter has a AGM-114 heliphed missile and Hydra 70 rocket pods are also installed.
- This helicopter can fly at a speed of 293 km per hour. Apache length is 18 meters and it has a turboSoft engine. It weighs 5,165 kg.
An attacker Apache helicopter is being brought in place of MiG-35 in India. But, Apache was making a long standoff with the IAF on the helicopter's control. In September 2015 Parliamentary Committee of Security Affairs approved the purchase of Boeing 22 Apache helicopters for the IAF. At that time, the central government had said that the helicopter would be procured for the army. But, his deal continued to be delayed continuously. Now the deal has been finalized by both the countries.