Examlover website provide all Latest Current Affairs & Today Current Affairs 2018 for better preparation of UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Defence and all government exams. Daily Current Affairs 2018 news summary on current events of national and international importance for all government competitive examinations. Current affairs preparation for govt. exams, so you can visit here for Current Affairs GK, Today GK, Daily Quiz, Daily GK and Current Affairs Quiz etc. You can also find here all the study material and learning data for One Day Exams, Online Exams and Offline Exams preparation. All types current affairs category here and uncategorized current affairs updates by us day to day related government schemes, publics deals, politics, Sports Science & Technology and miscellaneous news which is very important and useful in all government exams like UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Medical etc.
Tripura gets national award for record food production
Tripura state has been awarded Krishi Karman Award 2015-16 for a commendable increase in food grain production in small category states by the Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- Tripura state gets this national award for the second time and first received the award in 2009-10 fiscal.
- We have received a communication from the ministry that Tripura has been selected for the Krishi Karman Award for 2015-16.
- Tripura Agriculture Minister Aghore Debbarma told IANS over the phone from Delhi.
- Tripura’s Agriculture Department, quoting the ministry letter, said that for total food grain production, Tamil Nadu gets the award in large category (production more than 10 million tonnes), Himachal Pradesh in medium category (1 to 10 million tonnes) and Tripura in the small category.
- The official document, Tripura produced 825,000 tonnes of food grain in 2016 and had been implementing a “perspective plan” to achieve self-sufficiency in food grain within the next few years.
- Tripura has also increased the food grain productivity from 973 kg per hectare in 1972 (when Tripura became a full-fledged state) to 2,946 kg per hectare in 2016.
- The mountainous northeastern state targets to produce 935,000 tonnes of food grain in 2017.
- Under the Krishi Karman Award, another northeastern state, Meghalaya, too gets commendation prize for total food grain production and would receive Rs 1 crore.