Examlover website provide all Latest Current Affairs & Today Current Affairs 2018 for better preparation of UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Defence and all government exams. Daily Current Affairs 2018 news summary on current events of national and international importance for all government competitive examinations. Current affairs preparation for govt. exams, so you can visit here for Current Affairs GK, Today GK, Daily Quiz, Daily GK and Current Affairs Quiz etc. You can also find here all the study material and learning data for One Day Exams, Online Exams and Offline Exams preparation. All types current affairs category here and uncategorized current affairs updates by us day to day related government schemes, publics deals, politics, Sports Science & Technology and miscellaneous news which is very important and useful in all government exams like UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Medical etc.
PM Modi launches campaign to free India TB by 2025: Current affairs
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday launched the TB Elimination Summit in New Delhi's Vigyan Bhawan. TB-Free India campaign was also started through this program. This conference is being organized by the Health Ministry, World Health Organization (WHO), South East Asia Regional Office (SEARO) and Stop TB.
On this occasion, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that TB was declared Emergency by the WHO 25 years ago, since then the campaign against it has been going on. India has also been fighting against TB for a long time. The PM said that the way things are being done so far, it needs to start again once again.
- The PM said that today's summit will prove to be a new chapter to end TB. Watching the way TB influences the health of the country, the fight against it is necessary. TB has the highest impact in India, the poorer people are most likely to be victimized.
- The Prime Minister said that the world has set a time of 2030 to end TB in the world, but India has set this target 2025 for itself. We started the TB with the new strategy to end the country. India is also involved in the private sector in this fight.
- The Prime Minister said that the State Governments have a major role to eradicate TB from India, the Center and the State will carry forward this mission. I myself have written to the Chief Ministers of all the states and appealed to join the mission. He said that we have to work on it as Team India.
- In the program, the Prime Minister said that the way TB patient conquers this disease with his will, it also works for others. I firmly believe that with the will of patients and our passionate TB workers, every country in the world, along with India, will be successful in achieving its goal. He said that it has to be taken as a mission, TB Free Village, TB Free Panchayat, TB Free City, TB Free State and then TB Free will have to meet the target of the country.
- He said that immunization in India has been running for 30-35 years. Despite this, till 2014 we were unable to achieve the full coverage goal, if the speed of the immunization was increasing, if it continued, India would have been 40 years to reach the entire coverage. First, the speed was rising from 1%, now it has reached 6%.
- In this program, Director General of the WHO, General Tedros said that the campaign which is being launched to eliminate TB from India, is very commendable. The Indian government is taking stringent measures to eradicate TB. We want TB like illness to be eliminated from the whole world. Here in India, the government and WHO will run this campaign together.
(Here you can find all the study material including current affair 2018, latest current affairs, daily current affairs etc. for better preparation for All India exams like SSC, UPSC, Railway, Banking, Defence etc.)