Examlover website provide all Latest Current Affairs & Today Current Affairs 2018 for better preparation of UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Defence and all government exams. Daily Current Affairs 2018 news summary on current events of national and international importance for all government competitive examinations. Current affairs preparation for govt. exams, so you can visit here for Current Affairs GK, Today GK, Daily Quiz, Daily GK and Current Affairs Quiz etc. You can also find here all the study material and learning data for One Day Exams, Online Exams and Offline Exams preparation. All types current affairs category here and uncategorized current affairs updates by us day to day related government schemes, publics deals, politics, Sports Science & Technology and miscellaneous news which is very important and useful in all government exams like UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Medical etc.
Malala Yousafzai made youngest UN Messenger of Peace
The Secretary General Antonio Guterres of United Nations has designated Pakistani Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai as a UN Messenger of Peace with special focuses on girls’ education.
About Malala Yousafzai:-
- The Malala was born on 12 July 1997 in Mingora city in Swat province of Pakistan. She had caught international attention as female education activist when she was just 11 after writing for the BBC about life under the Taliban in Pakistan under pseudonym Gul Makai.
- In 2012, her campaign had led to a Taliban assassination attempt near that left her severely wounded after she was shot in the head.
- In 2014, she was awarded Nobel peace prize at the age of 17, becoming youngest Nobel Laureate in the history of Nobel award. National Youth Peace Prize (2011), Mother Teresa Awards for Social Justice (2012), Simon de Beauvoir Prize (2013), Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought (2013), Anna Politkovskaya Award (2013).
- UN has declared 12 July as ‘Malala Day’ in her honor.
About UN Messenger of Peace:-
- The Messengers of Peace scheme was instigated in 1997 as a central addition to the system of UN goodwill ambassadors and honorary ambassadors, run by the different UN agencies since 1954.
- The Secretary-General of the UN directly appointed the messenger and intended to promote the work of the United Nations in general and initially they were chosen for a period of three years.
- These three of the current twelve messengers, Jane Goodall, Michael Douglas, and Yo-Yo Ma have served for more than ten years.