In the International Intellectual Property (IP) Index, India reached the 36th position with a jump of eight places. This index analyzes the status of intellectual property in 50 global economies this year.
In the index of the year 2019 prepared by the Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC) of the US Chamber of Commerce, India has reached the 36th position with a jump of eight notches.
India's Position in 2018:
· India was ranked 44th in 2018. India's status has improved the most in 50 countries.
America first place:
· In this index, US first, UK second, Sweden third, France fourth and Germany remain fifth. These countries were also in the same place last year.
Venezuela Last Place:
· India was ranked 43th in 45 countries in this list in 2017. For the past two years, the US Chamber of Commerce has increased the number of countries with comparative study to 50. Pakistan is ranked 47th in this list. Venezuela is the last place in this list.
Index prepared by GIPC:
· This index was prepared by GIPC on 45 indicators. These include patents, copyright and protection of business privacy.
Score of India:
· In the situation of India, this improvement reflects efforts by Indian policy makers to develop a continuous innovative ecosystem for domestic entrepreneurs and foreign investors alike. In the current edition, India's score has improved significantly, reaching 36.04 percent (16.22 out of 45). In the previous version it was 30.07 percent (12.03 in 40). For the second consecutive year, India's score is the best.
About Intellectual Property:
Any composition, music, literary work, art, search, name or design created by a person or organization, is called 'intellectual property' of that person or institution. Intellectual property rights give the person or institution the privilege for a certain period on their creation / invention. These privileges are treated by law as patent, copyright, or trademark etc. From this the initiatives are enthusiastic and motivating for search and innovation and get financial and commercial benefits.
The International Intellectual Property Rights Index is being released from December 2012 by the 'Global Intellectual Property Center' established in the year 2007 by US Commercial Association 'US Chamber of Commerce'. Its main objective is to preserve intellectual property rights in America and other major countries and to preserve and promote its norms.
Examlover website provide all Latest Current Affairs & Today Current Affairs 2018 for better preparation of UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Defence and all government exams. Daily Current Affairs 2018 news summary on current events of national and international importance for all government competitive examinations. Current affairs preparation for govt. exams, so you can visit here for Current Affairs GK, Today GK, Daily Quiz, Daily GK and Current Affairs Quiz etc. You can also find here all the study material and learning data for One Day Exams, Online Exams and Offline Exams preparation. All types current affairs category here and uncategorized current affairs updates by us day to day related government schemes, publics deals, politics, Sports Science & Technology and miscellaneous news which is very important and useful in all government exams like UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Medical etc.