The High Court has dismissed the plea for staging of CCTV cameras in the government schools of Delhi. The High Court rejected this petition on September 13, 2018. Earlier, the Delhi government had ordered the installation of CCTV cameras in all the classes. This order was challenged by the Delhi Government in the High Court and demand for a ban was ordered.
It is understood that after the brutal assassination of the student in a private school of Gurugram, the Delhi government made it mandatory for all the classes of the school to have a CCTV camera installed. For this, a circular was also issued by the Delhi Government.
Principal room, entrance to the school, school verandah, entrance to the toilet, entrance to school stairs and toilets. Apart from this, all those areas of the school will be brought to CCTV coverage area where more monitoring is required.
CCTV related orders in Delhi schools:
• CCTV cameras will be installed in the Principal's chamber along with all classes of schools as per the government order.
• Also, every corner of the school will be brought under the supervision of CCTV.
• The main entrance and exit door of the school should come in the CCTV coverage area.
• CCTVs will also be installed at the entrance to the toilet in schools as well.
• After the cameras are installed in schools, a monitoring cell will be set up in the school's premises for monitoring them.
• The principals will be able to see the activity recorded in every cell and every camera of the school on the LED screen.
What was the case?
The Delhi Government had proposed that about 1.4 lakh CCTV cameras be installed in five thousand government schools. After this, a petition was filed in the Delhi High Court and the question was raised that the government is compromising children's privacy and the petition said that in particular the students who study between class X to class XII in class room. The way CCTV cameras are being installed is like dissolving their privacy.
Examlover website provide all Latest Current Affairs & Today Current Affairs 2018 for better preparation of UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Defence and all government exams. Daily Current Affairs 2018 news summary on current events of national and international importance for all government competitive examinations. Current affairs preparation for govt. exams, so you can visit here for Current Affairs GK, Today GK, Daily Quiz, Daily GK and Current Affairs Quiz etc. You can also find here all the study material and learning data for One Day Exams, Online Exams and Offline Exams preparation. All types current affairs category here and uncategorized current affairs updates by us day to day related government schemes, publics deals, politics, Sports Science & Technology and miscellaneous news which is very important and useful in all government exams like UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Medical etc.