Facebook Twitter google+ Whatsapp Pinterest
Foreign tourist arrivals to grow 18% in 2017
Tour operators in India expect 18% development in foreign tourist arrivals (FTAs) in 2017 floated by the favorable condition in the nation for outside guests.
- We expect at least 17-18% growth in the arrival of foreign tourists in this year over eight million recorded in 2016.
- The numbers may touch 10 million this year", said Pronab Sarkar, president, Indian Association of Tour Operators (IATO), the apex body of travel trade in the country.
- The atmosphere in India is very good other than the Doklam issue with China. Now, the issue has been defused, things will be better now.
- A total of 0.83 million tourists arrived on an e-Tourist visa as compared to 0.54 million recorded during January-July 2016, registering a growth of 54.7%.
- The number of FTAs were 0.78 million compared to 0.73 million recorded in Jul 2016, an increase of 7.4%.
- IATO is organizing its 33rd IATO Annual Convention from September 7-10, 2017 in Bhubaneswar.
Q.1 How many percentage foreign tourist arrivals in India 2017?