The Election Commission of India has launched the Voter Verification and Information Program (VVIP) to improve the citizens' names, new registrations, and details of voter identity card and for improvement in the electoral roll for the year 2019.
The Election Commission of India has started various mediums for this program. Contact centers have been set up in all the districts of the country. Voter Help Line No. 1950 the latest information is available in the contact centers.
Using the latest technology by the Election Commission, innovation has taken place in electoral activities. The Election Commission has ensured the use of smart technology for effective conduct of elections.
Organized two-day training-cum-workshop:
- Two-day training-cum-workshop was organized on the use of information and communication techniques in the operation of the Lok Sabha elections 2019. The objective of the training workshop is to listen, learn, assimilate and apply.
- The VVIP program was launched during the workshop. In the training-cum-workshop, Additional Chief Electoral Officers IT Incharge, Nodal Officers, State Level Instructors, and Technical Resource Members of all the States and Union Territories participated.
- During the training, all the states and Union Territories were given information about the C-VIGil Application. In this application, there is evidence based on evidence of the Model Code of Conduct, violation of expenditure limit and live photo / video facility with automatic placement data.
Election Commission of India:
- The Election Commission of India is an autonomous and semi-judicial institute which was formed in India to choose a representative in India's representative institutions from independent and unbiased institutions.
- The Indian Election Commission was set up on January 25, 1950. The Commission currently has one Chief Election Commissioner and two Election Commissioners.
- The President of India appointed the chief election commissioner and other election commissioners.
- The term of the Chief Election Commissioner is 6 years or 65 years, whichever is earlier, while the other election commissioners are of the age of six years or 62 years, whichever is earlier.
- Respect and salary of the Election Commissioner is similar to the Judge of the Supreme Court of India. The Chief Election Commissioner can be removed only by the Parliament through impeachment.
File a complaint through the mobile app:
- Any citizen can file a complaint through the mobile app. Flood Squad will investigate the matter and returning officers will decide. The status of the complaint and the time limit information can be shared with the complainant.
Book also released:
- On this occasion, the C-VIGil Usage Booklet and EVM Management System Usage Booklet were released.
'Voter Helpline' App Launch:
- The Android based 'Voter Helpline' app was also launched. All citizens from this app can avail of various facilities like finding their name in the electoral roll, submitting an online form, knowing the status of the application, filing a complaint and receiving an answer on the app.
- All forms, election results, affidavits of candidates, press releases, voter awareness and key guidelines are available on this mobile app.
PWD App Launch:
- PWD App launched for physical handicaps through this app, Divyang can register his identity; make new registrations, change address and other details.
- Only after giving the contact details will the booth level officer provide them facilities at home. During elections, Divyang can also ask for wheelchairs.