Examlover website provide all Latest Current Affairs & Today Current Affairs 2018 for better preparation of UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Defence and all government exams. Daily Current Affairs 2018 news summary on current events of national and international importance for all government competitive examinations. Current affairs preparation for govt. exams, so you can visit here for Current Affairs GK, Today GK, Daily Quiz, Daily GK and Current Affairs Quiz etc. You can also find here all the study material and learning data for One Day Exams, Online Exams and Offline Exams preparation. All types current affairs category here and uncategorized current affairs updates by us day to day related government schemes, publics deals, politics, Sports Science & Technology and miscellaneous news which is very important and useful in all government exams like UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Medical etc.
Colson Whitehead wins Pulitzer prize for The Underground Railroad
Colson Whitehead’s celebrated novel The Underground Railroad has won the 2017 Pulitzer Prize for fiction. The novel is about an escaped slave that combined liberating imagination and brutal reality. Earlier in November 2016, the novel had received the National Book Award of US. This makes Colson Whitehead first person win Pulitzer and National Book Award for fiction in last 20 years.
List of 2017 Pulitzer Prize Winners:-
Letters, Drama & Music:-
- Drama: Sweat by Lynn Nottage.
- Fiction: The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- History: Blood in the Water: The Attica Prison Uprising of 1971 and Its Legacy, by Heather Ann Thompson.
- Biography or Autobiography: The Return: Fathers, Sons and the Land in Between, by Hisham Matar.
- Poetry: Olio, by Tyehimba Jess (Wave Books)
- General Nonfiction: Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City, by Matthew Desmond. Music: Angel’s Bone, by Du Yun.
- Public Service: New York Daily News and ProPublica
- Breaking News Reporting: Staff of East Bay Times, Oakland.
- Breaking News Photography: Daniel Berehulak, freelance photographer Feature Photography: Jason Wambsgans of Chicago Tribune
- Investigative Reporting: Eric Eyre of Charleston Gazette-Mail, Charleston/.
- Local Reporting: The Salt Lake Tribune Staff
- Feature Writing: C. J. Chivers of The New York Times
- National Reporting: David A. Fahrenthold of The Washington Post
- International Reporting: The New York Times Staff
- Explanatory Reporting: International Consortium of Investigative Journalists, McClatchy and Miami Herald
- Commentary: Peggy Noonan of The Wall Street Journal Criticism: Hilton Als of The New Yorker
- Editorial Writing: Art Cullen of the Storm Lake Times, Storm Lake.
- Editorial Cartooning: Jim Morin of Miami Herald
About Pulitzer Prize:-
- The Pulitzer Prize is an annual award for achievements in newspaper, magazine and online journalism, literature, and musical composition in the United States.
- It was established in 1917 by provisions in the will of American-Hungarian newspaper publisher Joseph Pulitzer. The award is administered by Columbia University in New York City.
- Prizes are awarded yearly in 21 categories. In 20 of the categories, each winner receives a certificate and a US$15,000 cash award. The winner in the public service category of the journalism is awarded a gold medal.