Examlover website provide all Latest Current Affairs & Today Current Affairs 2018 for better preparation of UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Defence and all government exams. Daily Current Affairs 2018 news summary on current events of national and international importance for all government competitive examinations. Current affairs preparation for govt. exams, so you can visit here for Current Affairs GK, Today GK, Daily Quiz, Daily GK and Current Affairs Quiz etc. You can also find here all the study material and learning data for One Day Exams, Online Exams and Offline Exams preparation. All types current affairs category here and uncategorized current affairs updates by us day to day related government schemes, publics deals, politics, Sports Science & Technology and miscellaneous news which is very important and useful in all government exams like UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Medical etc.
Centre allows states to get direct foreign funding for infra projects
The centre government has allowed state entities to borrow directly from bilateral overseas lending agencies like JICA to fund infrastructure projects. The decision would directly benefit important projects such as Mumbai trans-harbour link (MTHL), Finance Minister Arun Jaitley told reporters here.
- The government "has approved the policy guidelines to allow financially sound state government entities to borrow directly from bilateral ODA (Official development Assistance) partners for implementation of vital infrastructure projects.
- The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA), a state government entity, has also been allowed to borrow directly from Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for implementation of MTHL project.
- The guidelines will help state entities to directly borrow from the external bilateral funding agencies and they would have to repay the loans and interests.
- A supportive role in financing major infrastructure projects, social sector projects and in building up institutional capacity.
- The project cost has estimated for MTHL is Rs 17,854 crore, out of which JICA loan portion is expected to be Rs 15,109 crore.
- The decision will help states manage their Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management (FRBM) target.