Examlover website provide all Latest Current Affairs & Today Current Affairs 2018 for better preparation of UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Defence and all government exams. Daily Current Affairs 2018 news summary on current events of national and international importance for all government competitive examinations. Current affairs preparation for govt. exams, so you can visit here for Current Affairs GK, Today GK, Daily Quiz, Daily GK and Current Affairs Quiz etc. You can also find here all the study material and learning data for One Day Exams, Online Exams and Offline Exams preparation. All types current affairs category here and uncategorized current affairs updates by us day to day related government schemes, publics deals, politics, Sports Science & Technology and miscellaneous news which is very important and useful in all government exams like UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Medical etc.
Cab safety measures for women included in the New Taxi Policy guidelines
Cab safety measures for women commuters as recommended by the Ministry of Women and Child Development to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and Shipping (MoRTH) have been included in the new Taxi Policy guidelines. These recommendations from the Ministry of Women and Child Development come at the backdrop of increasing cases of sexual harassment of women commuters in the cabs.
Recommendations that were included in the New Taxi policy guidelines are:-
- Mandatory fitting of GPS panic devices in the taxis. To ensure the safety of women and child passengers, central locking system in the taxis to be disallowed.
- Sharing of a seat in the cabs must be subject to the willingness of passengers. Identification of driver along with the photo and the registration number should be prominently displayed in the cab.
- Violation of stipulated rules and regulations by taxi operators and drivers to be strictly dealt in accordance with law.
Taxi Policy guidelines:-
- Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) had constituted a committee to review issues relating to taxi permits and propose taxi policy guidelines to promote urban mobility.
- The Transport Commissioners from four States and representatives from Central Pollution Control Board, Delhi Police, Ministry of Women and Child Development, NITI Aayog and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, submitted its report in December 2016.
- The policy is recommendatory in nature and is expected to help the states in framing detailed regulations.