Examlover website provide all Latest Current Affairs & Today Current Affairs 2018 for better preparation of UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Defence and all government exams. Daily Current Affairs 2018 news summary on current events of national and international importance for all government competitive examinations. Current affairs preparation for govt. exams, so you can visit here for Current Affairs GK, Today GK, Daily Quiz, Daily GK and Current Affairs Quiz etc. You can also find here all the study material and learning data for One Day Exams, Online Exams and Offline Exams preparation. All types current affairs category here and uncategorized current affairs updates by us day to day related government schemes, publics deals, politics, Sports Science & Technology and miscellaneous news which is very important and useful in all government exams like UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Medical etc.
Andhra Pradesh Government formulates market intervention for red chilli farmers
The Andhra Pradesh state has been formulated guidelines for a market intervention exercise to help red chilli farmers in the state who are in a great distress due to the price crash in the market yard.
- The accounts for 38% of global production of 18 lakh tones of red chilies? Telangana and Andhra Pradesh alone account for 50% of India’s production.
- This has caused huge distress among the farmers forcing the state government to initiate the market intervention exercise.
- The Price of Red Chilli dropped from a level of Rs 12,000-14,000 per quintal last year to below Rs 5,000 per quintal this year.
- The farmers in Telangana shifted to chillies following the government’s advisory to shun cotton and look out for alternative crops.
- In addition, favorable weather in the kharif season had also prompted farmers to grow red chile several.
- The scheme, chili stocks with the farmers would be bought at the price fixed by the government and each farmer will get the additional benefit of Rs 1,500 per quintal, subject to a ceiling of 20 quintals.