Examlover website provide all Latest Current Affairs & Today Current Affairs 2018 for better preparation of UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Defence and all government exams. Daily Current Affairs 2018 news summary on current events of national and international importance for all government competitive examinations. Current affairs preparation for govt. exams, so you can visit here for Current Affairs GK, Today GK, Daily Quiz, Daily GK and Current Affairs Quiz etc. You can also find here all the study material and learning data for One Day Exams, Online Exams and Offline Exams preparation. All types current affairs category here and uncategorized current affairs updates by us day to day related government schemes, publics deals, politics, Sports Science & Technology and miscellaneous news which is very important and useful in all government exams like UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Medical etc.
NASA's Kepler space telescope discover Venus twin around dim star
The NASA’s Kepler space telescope have been discovered a Venus-like planet orbiting a dim star that is one-fifth the diameter of our Sun and is located 219 light-years away from Earth.
- Its low-temperature star Kepler-1649 by encircling it every nine days.
- The tight orbit around the star causes the flux of sunlight reaching to be 2.3 times as great as the solar flux on Earth.
- The discovery will provide insight into the nature of planets encircling around M dwarf stars, by far the most common type in the universe.
- Venus is the second planet from the Sun, orbiting it every 224.7 Earth days. It is named after the Roman goddess of love and beauty.
- It is a terrestrial planet and is sometimes called Earth’s “sister planet” because of their similar size, mass, proximity to Sun, and bulk composition. It has no natural satellite. But it is radically different from Earth in other respects.
- It has the densest atmosphere of four terrestrial planets, consisting of more than 96% CO2. The atmospheric pressure at its planet’s surface is 92 times that of Earth.
- The Venus is the hottest planet in the Solar System, with a mean surface temperature 462 °C even though Mercury is closer to the Sun.
About Kepler Space Telescope (KST):-
- KST is an unmanned space observatory launched in 2009 by National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- It is tasked with determining how commonly, Earth-like planets occur throughout the Milky Way galaxy.
- It designed for a statistical mission and not to probe into the environmental conditions of planets that exist in the so-called Goldilocks zone (Habitable zone) of their stars.
- It is working by observing a dimming in the light of a star, known as a transit, each time an orbiting planet passes in front of it.