Examlover website provide all Latest Current Affairs & Today Current Affairs 2018 for better preparation of UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Defence and all government exams. Daily Current Affairs 2018 news summary on current events of national and international importance for all government competitive examinations. Current affairs preparation for govt. exams, so you can visit here for Current Affairs GK, Today GK, Daily Quiz, Daily GK and Current Affairs Quiz etc. You can also find here all the study material and learning data for One Day Exams, Online Exams and Offline Exams preparation. All types current affairs category here and uncategorized current affairs updates by us day to day related government schemes, publics deals, politics, Sports Science & Technology and miscellaneous news which is very important and useful in all government exams like UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railway, Medical etc.
India-Georgia exploring options for free trade agreement
India and Georgia have signed a Joint Statement on the launching of the Joint Feasibility Study on the Free Trade Agreement between both countries. The statement was signed by Union Commerce & Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Georgia’s Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development Giorgi Gakharia.
- The objective of the study is to further promote economic, trade and investment relations between the two countries for creating favorable conditions for more comprehensive economic cooperation.
- Upon the completion of the Joint Feasibility Study, both countries may proceed to negotiations on an FTA once the internal procedures are completed and the mandates on negotiations are approved.
- In this regard, Joint Feasibility Study Group consisting of the officials of the two countries has been established. It will provide an opportunity for more in-depth and systematic examination of potential FTA.
- It will discuss the possible scope of a potential FTA and analyze sensitiveness of specific sectors and recommend possible ways to address them.
- India is having a positive trade balance with Georgia. In 2015-2016 the total exports from India to Georgia was $82.57 million and import from Georgia was $24.47 million.
- The Joint Feasibility Study will further contribute to the mutually beneficial cooperation of the partners and bring it to a new level.
- Georgia: It is a country in the Caucasus region of Eurasia. It is located at the crossroads of Western Asia and Eastern Europe and is bounded by the Black Sea to the west, Russia to the north, Turkey to the south and Armenia and Azerbaijan to the southeast. Tbilisi is its capital and largest city.